The federation of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (FISME), with support of the prosperity fund through British High Commission in India, have established and IPR Exchange , an online platform for commercial exchange of Intellectual property rights (IPR) (http://www.iprexchange.in/index.php). It is a platform for buying, selling & licensing IPRs.
As per the website “IPR Exchange seeks to alleviate these problems and create an efficient trading platform for buyers and sellers of intellectual property rights.” Essentially, the market for IP continues to suffer from illiquidity, high transaction costs, a lack of price discovery, and other information asymmetries and IPR Exchange seeks to solve the same.
The inbuilt online IPR management tool in the exchange keeps record of IPR instruments of the users and sends them reminders/ alerts and therefore helps manage IP. The platforms serves not only to identify and manage IP, but also provides various additional services:-
- P Audits: Conducting IP Audits to help identify IP assets in MSMEs
- IP Valuation: Valuation of IP assets of MSMEs by a panel of IP Experts
- IP Management: a unique net-based IP management system for management of IP assets of MSMEs
- Technical Landscaping: Special technical research reports for Technology mapping and scoping for specific sectors and products
- Legal Agreements: Assistance in drafting legal agreement for technology transfer, franchising, licencing etc.
The simple steps for exchange of IP using the platform are provided on the website as follows: —
If you are a seller
- Get your IP protected and acquire rights for : Patent, Copyrights, Trademarks, Designs etc,
- Register with IPREXCHANGE.IN, fill details of your IP
- Specify whether you would like to sell the IPR rights outright or you would like to licence it or give franchising rights etc.
If you are looking for technologies or buying IPRs:
- Register your details
- Search as per your interest: product/ sector specific offers; read the details of offers
- Negotiate and strike a deal