Indian Patent office (IPO) has started the WIPO Digital Access Service (DAS) with effect from 31/01/ 2018 for priority documents submitted by the applicants from the participating Patent offices under the WIPO–INDIA Cooperation agreement.
WIPO Digital Access Service (DAS) facilitates easy, secure, quick and inexpensive procedure for submission of certified copies of Priority documents: Some of the salient features of WIPO DAS as available on the Indian Patent office website are as under;
• Applicants can simply request the office of first filing to deposit/add the priority document into the WIPO DAS system, and request offices of second filing to use the service for obtaining access of such documents.
• Use of an access code provided by WIPO DAS to authorize access;
• Documents are exchanged via secure channels;
• The DAS Service is hosted and administered by WIP0.
• No need to provide a certified copy of a priority document separately to each office of second filing.
• No need to pay for multiple copies of paper priority documents;
Accordingly, IPO as a depositing Office will now upload certified copies of patent and industrial design applications as priority documents, including International Patent applications under PCT filed at the Office (RO/IN) filed on and after 31/ 01/ 2018, which the applicant specifically requests to make such priority documents available to the WIPO DAS.